Oct 30, 2012

The Wrath of Sandy

I'm kind of sick to my stomach looking at the pictures Joe sent to me. What really concerns me is the potential problems we could run into later. We currently have about 4" to 6" of standing water in our basement. There is a window floating in the water.  It really is a shame they couldn't get the sump pump in before Sandy hit.


It looks like some of the floor joists were ripped out by the strong winds.  I'm sure this is an easy fix though. I really hope they didn't do any damage to our neighbor's houses.



What about the wood?  It's saturated!  The rain isn't supposed to stop until Friday.  Will this cause damage that won't show up until later?  Is this something that I should be worried about?

6 comments:

  1. Oh man. I'm sorry to see this. Hopefully your PM will get the repairs done ASAP. It's too bad they didn't get the sump pump put in before Sandy hit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've been very happy with our PM. I'm sure he will get this taken care of and back on track. We're going to call him tomorrow with our concerns. It really is a shame they didn't get the sump pump in :(

      Delete
  2. I am worried about the same things. I am afraid of the house being exposed to the elements without any protection. We are planning to visit the house to inspect it tomorrow. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that there is no real damage. Sorry to hear about the damage your house incurred.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you're house made it through without any damage. I know how it is to be in a situation where you have to travel to see your house. It's really frustrating! My fingers are crossed for you.. I'll be watching your blog for updates :) Good Luck!

      Delete
  3. Geesh Bobbie!! I am sorry to hear this!! I am sorry to see this! We had some minor damage and have to wait to see if the plywood will need replacing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks! I'm so sorry to hear that you had damage too. I'm glad it's only minor though. It could have been a lot worse for both of us. My heart goes out to all the people that lost their homes and businesses.

      Delete