We went to our second appointment with Rite Rug last week. As I mentioned previously, we felt a little bit rushed at our first appointment. After returning home, I had second thoughts about the honey oak laminate wood flooring that we selected. I emailed the sales rep at Rite Rug and she scheduled another appointment for us.
The second appointment went a little bit better. It didn't take much time at all. We pulled all of the level F laminate wood flooring out and placed it next to the spiced maple cabinets. After going back and forth over a few, we decided on the Mahogany/Orient Silk. It's the darkest of the level F selections. We also changed the color of our handrail too. I can't remember what it is though. I'll have to check and update the Our Selections page.
I do have to admit, I was a little bit nervous about the bigger pattern of the mahogany, but it's growing on me! Our appliances will be all black. I think this flooring is going to provide just the right amount of contrast.
I can't believe how hard it was to select flooring! I thought it would be pretty easy to go in, look at the selections and choose. Boy, was I ever wrong! The carpet and vinyl we're pretty easy to choose but I completely stressed about the laminate wood. I think it was a mix of there not being enough to choose from and me over-thinking the whole thing. Whew! I'm so happy that part of the process is over.
There isn't much of anything else going on right now. We're just waiting on the pre-approval from NVR. Our loan originator is AWESOME! She's been so much fun to work with. We've been trying to get our credit score up a little higher so we can qualify for a better interest rate. We met with her for about three hours one evening to discuss everything. She gave us some really solid and honest advice. We followed everything she said to do and we'll know soon if it paid off!
The next few weeks will be crazy busy for us! We're getting our house all packed up to go into storage. The lease at our current house is up on August 31st.
We decided to move in with family until our house is finished instead of extending our lease. This started out as a 'worst case scenario'. I mean, who really wants to move back in with their parents that live in the middle of no cell service WV with 4 kids in tow? Mom, if you're reading this.. I love you but you need to move out of the hills and closer to Cleveland!
After a LOT more thought, moving in with family became our 'best case scenario'! Can you say...no rent or utilities for 3-4 months?! The only downside is, Joe has to stay in the Cleveland area for work. Thankfully, his brother lives nearby and offered him a place to stay rent and utility free. God, I love our family! We are beyond blessed when it comes to family.
I'll have to do another post all about how this is going to work for us.
Have you ever moved in with family while you're house was being built? I'd love to read about your experience. Please feel free to leave a link in the comments section!